1) Stephanie Perkins – I feel like people won’t read her outside of YA lovers because of the titles of her books so she doesn’t get the love she deserves. I have told my mom and friends repeatedly to read it to no avail. They all say they’re not reading something like that. Sigh. It breaks my heart.
2) Colleen Clayton – I don’t feel like enough people know about her and her amazing first book, What Happens Next.
3) Jennifer Brown – Her books should be on teen summer reading lists for every school. She hits the issues that teens deal with and she hits them right.
4) Tiffany Schmidt – At a time where there were a lot of cancer books out I think people have failed to see the amazingness that was Tiffany’s debut novel.
5) Lauren Miller – Lauren’s book Parallel sometimes gets lost in the parallel life explosion of books that came out at once. People fail to realize that her book is very different from the other ones and is a standalone!
6) Corrine Jackson – I barely hear people discussing her novel If I Lie which was amazing and spot on in terms of emotion. Show her some love people!
7) Nina LaCour – I loved both of Nina’s books yet no one ever remembers to put them on a must read list and that should stop now!
8) Tabitha Suzuma – Tabitha is an author from the UK so it is easy not to give her the love she deserves. But she is also a fantastic writer and isn’t afraid to go there. Her book Forbidden is still stuck with me.
9) Jenny O’Connell – She has written some great YA and some fun chick lit books that people tend to miss. Book of Luke is one of my faves.
10) Rebecca Serle – She wrote one of my favorite takes on Romeo and Juliet from neither one’s POV. She has a new book coming out in March so I’m hoping she starts to show up on some TTT lists.
*Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
**Top Ten Tuesday photo made by me. If you would like to use it please give credit.