Sunday I was nominated by Ms. Kayla at The Thousand Lives for a Liebster Award(my first, so thank you Kayla).
Basically The Liebster award is to acknowledge other bloggers and put a bit of a spotlight on them so others can follow their greatness. The nominator will give the nominee ten questions to answer, and then the nominee will present ten other questions to their own nominees! Now that I’ve sufficiently confused you, let’s get to the questions(stole this description from Kayla):
- How did you come up with your blog name? This is a really great question because I was never going to do a blog unless I came up with a good blog name. One day I was on my way to work and all of a sudden Andi’s ABCs came to me. It was actually pretty perfect considering that I’m a reading and shopping junkie and it just had a really nice ring to it.
- Who are your top three book boyfriends? This is actually harder than you would think. I can immediately come up with the first two which is a no brainer for me, Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss and Levi from Fangirl. Those are my top two book boyfriends hands down, no questions asked. The 3rd is a bit more tricky as there are quiet a few that are vying for my affections and this spot. I mean how can a girl choose between Corey Livingston(What Happens Next) or Jonah Griggs(Jellicoe Road) or Four(Divergent) or Alex(Delirium) It’s impossible to do really so I’m not doing it. It’s my award so there! 😛
- Do you have a favorite book quote? I do have a favorite book quote and it is from Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler. It is a pretty simple quote, but it speaks volumes to me.
- Have you any bookish pet peeves? I actually did a whole post regarding this with the 15 Day Book Blogging challenge which you can find here.
- If you could be a character from any book, travel to any world, who would you be? Where would you go? And (again from any book) who would you bring with you? This is tough. My first thought is to say Anna from Anna and the French Kiss because I mean really, who wouldn’t want to go to Paris and look at Etienne St. Clair ALL THE TIME. But the more I think about it I think That I would kind of want to be Tris from Divergent. I know, I know, she is in the middle of a war and nothing is really stable for her, but how awesome of a character is she? She is so strong and vulnerable at the same time. She has a lot of support from the core group of people she trusts and she is super smart. Not to mention a hottie at her side. So I’m going with Tris.
- Is there a book that you tell people you’ve read but honestly have not? Well if you want to go back close to 20 years and talk to my high school teachers they would all be able to say yes because I sucked at required reading and read like none of the books I was supposed to. But I’ve grown out of that and now I only say I read what I have read because let’s face it, there are no more tests so what’s the point of the lie.
- If you could trade places with any famous person for one day, who would it be? Truthfully I don’t think I would want to be a famous person. Sure there would be perks, unlimited income, a closet that doesn’t quit, stuff like that, but they have not a lick of privacy and no top of that, it is very hard to know who you can trust. I don’t think I would want a life like that.
- If you could change one event in the history of fiction, what would it be? Without history we wouldn’t be were we are so I don’t think I would change anything.
- Which fictional character do you relate to? I don’t think there is one that I relate to really. I think there are bits and pieces of a bunch of characters that as a reader I can understand and sympathize with.
- Name five books you’d recommend to turn one into a book- lover.
a) Anna and the French Kiss– This is the book that got me back into reading. It is so well done and evenly paced and written basically to perfection that you can’t help but what to find more books like it.
b) Delirium– This was the first time I dipped my toes into a Dystopian society after being terrified of it. The beauty that came off of Lauren Oliver’s pages really sucked me in and maybe me want to read more about different worlds and things that don’t seem possibly but actually seem realistic.
c) Jellicoe Road– This book is straight up confusing for the first 150-ish pages but as the story unfolds and becomes clearer and clearer there is just pure magic behind Marchetta’s writing that can’t be denied.
d) The Hunger Games Series– There is no way that I can have this list without The Hunger Games being on it. I almost didn’t read it myself as I thought it sounded weird and bizarre. But I was prodded by a stranger to read it and I did and it changed my reading life.
e) Pivot Point– The cleverness of this book still leaves me craving more. It was well written and plotted out perfectly. West dropped hints all through out the book not once dumbing down her story for her readers. It was intelligent with well developed characters and it was a strong starting point for what is set to be a great series.
Honorable Mention: Altered– This is one of those books that doesn’t have the buzz that it deserves and I think it really would make a book lover out of people. It a version of The Bourne Identity for YA readers and will keep you on the end of your seat in suspense
So there you have it, the answers to the 10 questions posted by Kayla. And now it is my turn for a nomination which much like she did I’m just going to show you some blogs that I love to read and check out:
Emma: Miss Print
Lisa: Lisa Likes Books
Nikki: There were books involved
Francine: Always Lost in Books
Now I pose to you my 10 questions. Feel free to answer them or not, but if you do, share the love with another person by giving them a nomination/shout out.
1) Favorite book and why?
2) Number one auto-buy author?
3) If you could interview one author for your blog, who would it be?
4) Is there a book that you don’t tell people you read? If so why?
5) What’s the top book on your wish list that you would kill someone to get an early copy of?
6) How did you get into book blogging and what made you stick with it?
7) If you could go back in time and unread one book which would it be?
8) Have you ever judge a book by its cover whether in a positive way or a negative way?
9) Book that was the biggest shock. Did you love something you thought you would hate? Did you hate something that you thought you would love?
10) And for a non book fun: Dream travel location? Somewhere warm and sunny? A mountain in the middle of no where? Snow? Tell people the place you would go if money was no object.
And there you have it my first award acceptance and my first award nomination. I’m not sure if I did this right or not, but this is my blog so deal with it. 😀 A big thanks to Kayla. Make sure you check out her blog and the lovely ladies listed above.