As the calendar ticks down to that final day of the year, there is one thing you will always find and that is some sort of end of the year survey or questionnaire or bets of list. It is basically a given. Jamie of The Perpetual Page Turner does one (which this survey is sort of inspired by) and Top Ten Tuesday on The Broke and the Bookish do them. They are a fun way to see what everyone’s reading year was like. But what they don’t show you are the random stuff. The bizarre facts that you may notice or the unusual books you have read over a certain amount of pages.
Brittany of The Book Addict’s Guide and I were talking and decided it was time for a “Statistics Survey”. We don’t want to know how many followers you have or the number of views you get on a daily basis. We want to hear the quirky stuff. Together we have composed a fun survey (which we will both fill out at a later date) where you can tell us some of the more bizarre kind of reading trivia.
We have included a linky at the end where we hope you will take our little questionnaire and link back so everyone can see what interesting facts are out there about you.
1. Number of books under 250 pages (not including novellas):
2. Number of books read between 400-449 pages:
3. Number of books read between 450-499 pages:
4. Number of books read over 500 pages:
5. Number of books read over 1000 pages:
6. Number of novellas read:
7. Number of books that made you cry:
8. Number of books from a female POV:
9. Number of books from a male POV:
10. Number of alternating or multiple POVs:
11. Number of DNFs (did not finish):
12. Number of five star reads:
13. Number of one/two star reads:
14. Number of authors met in 2014:
15. Number of book events attended in 2014:
16. Number of books you read in one day:
17. Number of audiobooks:
18. Number of 2015 books you have on pre-order:
19. Number of re-reads:
1. Book with the highest rating on Goodreads
2. Book with the lowest rating on Goodreads
3. Book read furthest away from home (vacation reads?)
4. Book that took you the longest to read
5. Book that you personally connected with the most
6. Book that made you love the villain
7. Book you said you’d come back to but still haven’t picked up again
8. Book you read waaaay before its publication date
9. Book you read on your birthday
10. Book with a character who shares your name
11. Book you weren’t entirely truthful about when rating (Fluff up any ratings? Rated even though you didn’t finish?
12. Book you read in 2014 but already want to re-read
13. Book you borrowed from a friend a long time ago and still have?
14. Book by a foreign author/originally published in another country
15. Book you which you could go back and read for the first time again.
16. Most books read by one author this year.
1. Happiest & saddest:
2. Longest & shortest:
3. Best & worst:
4. First & last reads of 2014:
5. First & last books on your bookcase (1st book on the top left and last book on the bottom right)
6. The most disappointing & the biggest pleasant surprise:
7. Bandwagon/fandom you joined & one you abandoned:
8. Most lenient & harshest ratings
9. Most hyped & furthest under the radar that you read:
1. Book you read that is red
2. Book you read that starts with M
3. Book you read that you may have hugged when you finished it
4. Book you read that you may have wanted to throw across a room
5. Book that has the letters Q, X, or Z in the title (bonus for one of the words in the title beginning with those!)
6. Book that suffered some damage this year (food? water? ripped pages/cover? Ouch!)
7. Food you craved while/after reading a certain book.
8. First book you read in 2015
9. Number of books read that end with a 6 in the page count
- Number of posts in 2014:
- Number of reviews posted this year
- First post of 2014:
- First review of 2014:
- Last post of 2014:
- Last review of 2014:
- Least coherent review
- Review with the most views (regardless of post date)
- Post with the most comments
- Post you wish you could re-write
- Most popular post this year (that was posted in 2014):
I love this idea! I’m excited to plug in my own results and see how it all shakes out.
Yay, I’m definitely doing this 🙂 Thanks for creating this, ladies!!
I’ll definitely be taking part! Will probably be posting mine on Friday! Thanks for such a great idea and opening it up to other bloggers.
SO doing this! I love all the odd little questions – can’t wait to see what my answers come out to!
Yay! I just finished mine! I may tweak it a little. Oh, and I borrowed your graphics. I hope you don’t mind. (I credited you for making them.)
[…] totally awesome survey was created by Brittany from The Book Addict’s Guide and Andi from Andi’s ABC. They also created the banner below. I just love these end of the year surveys because they […]
[…] to play along with some random facts about your reading year? Check out the original post from myself and Brittany of The Book Addict’s Guide and […]
[…] inspiration of that and Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and came up with our first annual Statistics Survey. Since it seemed to be a hit last year we brought it back once again but with some minor […]
[…] of that and Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and came up with their first annual Statistics Survey. Since it seemed to be a hit last year they brought it back once again but with some minor […]
[…] inspiration of that and Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, and came up with our first annual Statistics Survey. Since it seemed to be a hit we brought it back once again but with some minor tweaks. Figured why […]
[…] In 2014 Brittany from The Book Addict’s Guide and Andi from Andi’s ABC came up with their first annual Statistics Survey, inspired by Jamie of The Perpetual Page Turner. They brought it back once again in 2016 and […]
[…] In 2014 Brittany from The Book Addict’s Guide and Andi from Andi’s ABC came up with their first annual Statistics Survey, inspired by Jamie of The Perpetual Page Turner. They brought it back once again in 2017 and […]