You may have noticed that Brittany (The Book Addicts Guide) and I have recently started a new monthly page feature called Have You Seen This… It is a place where bloggers, readers and collectors can link up with hard to find books and ARCs(already released books) and let people know what you are looking for. You can find out everything you need to know for it HERE.
The Gist of it:
- Both Brittany and I have set up pages on our blogs for this feature and that will be where each person will list which books they’re looking for. You can find a full list of all of the details and rules on this feature page!
- In short, if you’re looking for a specific edition of a book, you either create a blog post or list on a page which book and edition you’re looking for, then fill out the linky on the feature’s page. Each linky will be live for a month. If you don’t find your book in that month, you WILL have to relink up each month.
- The books you’re adding here should be the hard to find ones! Books you won’t find on any given book exchange/swap (think old ARCs, international editions, CDs/audiobooks, etc). If it’s a hardcover/paperback copy that you can actually buy from Amazon or B&N, the chances are better that someone owns that one and you may want to try more tradition swaps (like YA Book Exchange) to see if any are listed there. While we don’t mind “traditional” editions being listed here, please try to make somewhere like YA Book Exchange your first stop! The reason for this is that we will only being changing this linky out from month to month and it will be less traditional from regular swap websites. Trades will not be monitored and we will not be removing links once a trade has been made because we’re assuming these trades will be a BIT more difficult! (see below)
- Each person is responsible for their own trade so Brittany and I will NOT be moderators of any trade being made. You will need to share some sort of contact information for someone to contact you if they have your book. It is up to both parties involved in the exchange to come up with the terms of the exchange.
- These are just the basic essentials but you can find the full details and “rules” on the Have You Seen This… official page! (Please also note that this is NOT the place to ask for unreleased ARCs. There are places to do that but that is not the purpose of Have You Seen This!)
The reason this came about is that both of use have a series that we love and we are on the hunt for hard to find ARCs ourselves. Brittany has collected versions of both the Lunar Chronicles (Marissa Meyer) and The Grisha trilogy (Leigh Bardugo) and she is on the hunt for one book. What am I looking for? You guessed it, a Stephanie Perkins book.
You all know I’m obsessed with Anna and the French Kiss. I have like 10 different versions of Anna, 5 versions of Lola and the Boy Next Door, and 5 versions of Isla and the Happily Ever After. Actually I was recently gifted the ARC for Isla and the Happily Ever After thanks to Gail at Ticket to Anywhere who previously gave me her Anna ARC for reading Harry Potter book one. What does this mean? It means I NEED a Lola and the Boy Next Door ARC to finish my collection.
So this is me, asking and hoping, that one of you will have a copy and give mercy on my Anna loving soul. If by chance you do have a copy of the Lola and the Boy Next Door ARC and are willing to part with it, contact me so we can work something out. And I can make you forever my favorite.
Help me finish my collection…for now anyway. 😉
*NOTE: LOLA HAS BEEN FOUND!