Along with my Goodreads Challenge (you can find my progress on the side bar) I also challenged myself to 2 other challenges for 2015. Every month I will check in with my challenge updates.
Back in December I signed up for The Re-Read Challenge hosted by Belle of the Literati and So Obsessed With. Honestly I didn’t expect this to be a problem and so far it hasn’t. I’m on track to reach my goal of 12-14 books without a hitch. My November rereads:
Author: Lauren Miller
Date Read: November 16, 2015 – November 24, 2015
I am obsessed with this book and it had been so long since I had read it. It’s the book that made me fall in love with parallel life books and time travel books (since they are sometimes the same idea). And it is the book that got me to become the biggest cheerleader for Lauren Miller. Honestly if you haven’t read her stuff you are doing yourself a disservice. Her two books out are FANTASTIC!
Only one reread for November but it was the one that I wanted to reread so I win. Not sure what is on the agenda for December. Although I am listening to Divergent off and on so hopefully I finish that.
I also committed the the Flights of Fantasy challenge run by Alexa Love Books and Hello, Chelly. As you may have heard, I am new to the fantasy genre (thank you Sarah J. Maas and Throne of Glass for this!) and I thought it would be good for me to challenge myself with this one. I have decided to do 12 so I only have to read 1 a month. My November fantasy reads:
Author: Marissa Meyer
Date Read: November 12, 2015 – November 18, 2015
I had read Cinder many many moons ago. So with all the hype regarding the release of Winter I decided it was time for book 2. Honestly I enjoyed this so much more than Cinder and I really liked Cinder. I don’t know if it was the audio or what but I was hooked and I can’t wait to listen to Cress.
So I don’t know if you would consider Scarlet fantasy but I an because there is some magic involved and it is in a different world. Whatever, it totally counts.
November Wrap-Up: Post Edition
- [2 Nov] Challenge Updates: October Check-In
- [4 Nov] The ABCs with Tiff from Mostly YA Lit (3)
- [5 Nov] Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales ★★★½
- [5 Nov] First & Then by Emma Mills ★★★½
- [5 Nov] Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith ★★
- [6 Nov] Pub Date #18
- [9 Nov] Come Back to Me by Mila Gray ★★★★
- [11 Nov] The ABCs with Victoria Reyes from Just Visting (Dahlia Adler)
- [16 Nov] The Plan: Month Two
- [18 Nov] Blog Tour: The ABCs with Emerson from Hello? by Liza Wiemer
- [20 Nov] Blog Tour: The Lies About Truth by Courtney C. Stevens – Q&A plus a Giveaway
- [22 Nov] Blog Tour: Harper Teen Winter 2016 – The Word for Yes (Epic Giveaway)
- [25 Nov] The ABCs with Bernadette from The Bumbling Bookworm
- [26 Nov] The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill ★★★★
- [27 Nov] 2015 Statistics Survey: A Bunch of Randomness
- [28 Nov] Blog Tour: Excerpt – Poet Anderson…Of Nightmares by Tom DeLonge and Suzanne Young (giveaway)
- [30 Nov] Pocket Letters – Link-Up