Don’t you love a book that will take you on an adventure? Because I sure do. I love reading about new places, meeting new people and just having a good time with great characters. And thankfully, there are authors that have written books that have been such a joy to read with great adventures. (Whether it be emotionally, through a road trip or just a fast-paced book!)
- Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys – This book follows 4 people during World War 2. Their paths end up coming together and this book was just fantastic. It’s about the tragedy of the Wilhelm Gustloff. You’ll be going on an emotional and fast-paced adventure with this one! Highly recommend.
- Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin – This book is amazing. This follows a girl that can shape shift as she takes on the form of a motorcycle racer. She then competes in a motorcycle race that goes across countries to try and get revenge on Hitler. Such a great alternate history novel!
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo – Leigh Bardugo is a fantastic writer and Shadow and Bone shows how ‘pow’ she can incorporate into a novel. It’s a fantasy novel with elements of magic, romance and amazing action with some AWESOME characters. READ IT.
- Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman – A science fiction book that deals with angst, action and keeps you at the edge of your seat for the entire time! You honestly will feel as if you’re with the characters.
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – What’s a list without Harry Potter? Adventure galore. Hogwarts has it all.
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken – Road trip. Great characters. Awesome romance. Tension, angst, a villain and so much more. A GREAT book.
Thanks Mariam for guest posting!