Along with my Goodreads Challenge (you can find my progress on the side bar) I also challenged myself to 3 other challenges for 2016. Every month I will check in with my challenge updates.
Love at First Page and Gone with the Words 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge. You can find out all the details you need to know HERE. There are different levels to this challenge and I decided to go for the grand slam level.
Title: 738 Days
Author: Stacey Kade
Dates Read: June 3 – June 9
Thoughts: I loved this book. It wasn’t perfect (there were somethings that made me pause) but I loved it so much that I shoved those things out of my mind. If you want more thoughts on it check out my review HERE.
Title: Defending Taylor
Author: Miranda Kenneally
Dates Read: June 27 – June 30
Thoughts: I haven’t finished this book as of posting (I read it before as a draft) but I will be finishing it tonight if I have to stay up really late. Basically Defending Taylor is just another reason to love Miranda Kenneally. Come back for my review on July 4th!
I was a reading machine in June. I read 17 book this month because I have been binge reading a series that is book crack. Truthfully about 11 of the books I read could fit into this challenge but I’m not reviewing them so I didn’t count them. So far this year I have read 21 for this challenge.
Sarah at The YA Book Traveler is hosting Rock My TBR challenge. It is no secret that as book bloggers we have a lot of books that don’t get read. We get busy or getting something new and shiny (we are an easily distracted bunch) and things we were excited about reading don’t actually get read. This is my chance to change that and to read some of the books that have been collecting dust since before I was blogging. You can find more information HERE
Title: How to Love
Author: Katie Cotugno
Dates Read: June 9 – June 14
Thoughts: I’m so happy to have finally read this one. It has bene on my TBR since May 2013 so I feel very accomplished haveing read it. It wasn’t my favorte, I like 99 Days better, but I didn’t hate it either.
So far I have read 4.
Lauren from Bookmark Lit is hosting The Must Read in 2016 “Challenge”. This challenge isn’t really a challenge per say. More a way to push yourself to read some books you were excited about in 2015 that you just never got to. Find out more HERE. This challenge will over lap a lot with Rock My TBR. Because of that I am just going to post a picture of what I read in the month from my original post:
Book 4 of Must Read has been accomplished. Which should I read in July?
How did you do in your June Challenges?
June Wrap-Up: Post Edition
- [1 Jun] The ABCs with Rachel from Beauty and the Bookshelf
- [2 Jun] Get Your Swag On – Pre-Order Campaign for The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love
- [3 Jun] TRP: To Read Pile
- [6 Jun] Talking About (5)
- [7 Jun] Top Ten Tuesday – Reasons I Love All of You
- [8 Jun] The ABCs with Stefani from Caught Read Handed
- [9 Jun] The Geek's Guide to Unrequited Love by Sarvenaz Tash ★★★★★
- [10 Jun] On My Kindle…
- [13 Jun] Summer Skin by Kirsty Eagar
- [14 Jun] Top Ten Tuesday – Books I’m Excited for July – December 2016
- [15 Jun] Book Connection
- [16 Jun] Blog Tour: The ABCs with Graham and Roxana from The Geek’s Guide to Unrequited Love (Sarvenaz Tash) + a giveaway
- [17 Jun] 738 Days by Stacey Kade ★★★★½
- [20 Jun] Thank God it’s Monday Blog Tour – Jessica Brody Guest Post
- [21 Jun] Top Ten Tuesday – Favorite Release of 2016 (so far)
- [22 Jun] The ABCs with Brianna from Fables Library
- [23 Jun] Champagne Wishes and Crafty Dreams 7 – Card Making (3)
- [24 Jun] Scrap A Book (1)
- [27 Jun] Blog Tour : 738 Days by Stacey Kade Q & A (+ giveaway)
- [28 Jun] Top Ten Tuesday – 10 Must Read Series/Companion Series
- [29 Jun] The ABCS with Kailia from Life According to a Bibliophile
- [30 Jun] A Month in Review: Challenge Update – June 2016