Along with my Goodreads Challenge (you can find my progress on the side bar) I also challenged myself to 3 other challenges for 2016. Every month I will check in with my challenge updates.
Love at First Page and Gone with the Words 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge. You can find out all the details you need to know HERE. There are different levels to this challenge and I decided to go for the grand slam level.
Title: In Real Life
Author: Jessica Love
Dates Read: July 1 – July 5
Thoughts: I loved this book. It was cute and fun and reminded me in ways of Anna and the French Kiss (which is something I don’t say lightly). It made me want to hop on a plane to Vegas and never leave because VEGAS! You can read my review HERE.
Title: A Week of Mondays
Author: Jessica Brody
Dates Read: July 10 – July 14
Thoughts: I was surprised how much I ended up liking this book. I thought it would be boring or monotonous with the same day repeated 7 times, but it actually worked. I liked how the days varied as the main character grew and changed. My review will be posted next month in a mini review post.
Title: Rookie Move
Author: Sarina Bowen
Dates Read: July 18 – July 20
Thoughts: I wanted to like this one more than I did. I mean I didn’t hate it but I wasn’t in love either. Something was off for me with it. But I will continue the series because hockey boys! My review will be posted next month in a mini review post.
I was once again a reading machine in July. I didn’t read as many books as in June but I read a good amount. I didn’t do so great on my other challenges so 3 for this one makes me happy. So far this year I have read 24 for this challenge.
Sarah at The YA Book Traveler is hosting Rock My TBR challenge. It is no secret that as book bloggers we have a lot of books that don’t get read. We get busy or getting something new and shiny (we are an easily distracted bunch) and things we were excited about reading don’t actually get read. This is my chance to change that and to read some of the books that have been collecting dust since before I was blogging. You can find more information HERE
I did not ROCK MY TBR this month. OOPS
So far I have read 4.
Lauren from Bookmark Lit is hosting The Must Read in 2016 “Challenge”. This challenge isn’t really a challenge per say. More a way to push yourself to read some books you were excited about in 2015 that you just never got to. Find out more HERE. This challenge will over lap a lot with Rock My TBR. Because of that I am just going to post a picture of what I read in the month from my original post:
Still only at 4. I really need to read another one of these.
How did you do in your July Challenges?
July Wrap-Up: Post Edition
- [1 Jul] The Crown by Kiera Cass ★★★
- [4 Jul] Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally ★★★★½
- [5 Jul] Spotlight: Defending Taylor by Miranda Kenneally (Excerpt + Giveaway)
- [5 Jul] Blog Tour: Two Summers by Aimee Friedman (Deleted Scene + Giveaway)
- [6 Jul] The ABCs with Nicole from Paperback Princess
- [7 Jul] In Real Life by Jessica Love ★★★★½
- [8 Jul] Giveaway – Ghostbusters (Mass Market Paperback)
- [11 Jul] Christmas in July – Handmade Card Swap Sign-Up
- [12 Jul] Top Ten Tuesday – Ten Facts About Me
- [13 Jul] The ABCs with S. Usher Evans
- [14 Jul] P.S. I Like You by Kasie West ★★★★★
- [15 Jul] Blog Woes – Style Rut
- [19 Jul] Top Ten Tuesday – Books Set Outside the US
- [20 Jul] The ABCs with Me (Version 2.0)
- [21 Jul] Champagne Wishes and Crafty Dreams 8 – Card Making (4) & Other Projects
- [22 Jul] Collection or Obsession: Anna and the French Kiss
- [25 Jul] On my Radar: Top TBR Books (and a dream book)
- [26 Jul] Top Ten Tuesday: Things Books Made Me Want to Do
- [27 Jul] The ABCs: Bookitcon Edition with Avery Roe (Kendall Kulper)
- [29 Jul] A Month in Review: Challenge Update – July 2016