Along with my Goodreads Challenge (you can find my progress on the side bar) I also challenged myself to 3 other challenges for 2016. Every month I will check in with my challenge updates.
Love at First Page and Gone with the Words 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge. You can find out all the details you need to know HERE. There are different levels to this challenge and I decided to go for the grand slam level.
Title: The Goal
Author: Elle Kennedy
Dates Read: September 30 – October 2
Thoughts: I was sadly disappointed in this final installment. I feel like something was really off with Tuck and Sabrina’s story and it just made me sad, The other 3 books were so strong, even when I wasn’t in love with the 2nd one, but this one was just a get down. I hope the spin off series is better.
Title: By Your Side
Author: Kasie West
Dates Read: October 3 – 5
Thoughts: This was also a let down. There is so much I want to say about the disappointing parts of this story. If I could change some stuff at the end I think I would have been happier. I did really like the boy in this one though so that made me happy.
Title: On Broken Wings
Author: Chanel Cleeton
Dates Read: October 12
Thoughts: THE BEST OF THE SERIES! I almost started crying more than once because parts were so heartbreaking. But Easy is really swoony and I loved the chemistry here and the struggle to make it all work. Honestly I want to read it again and probably will.
I read about 11 books in October but only 3 of those are ones that I decided to include in my challenge as I will completely review them at some point. So far this year I have read 33 for this challenge. And speaking of this challenge stay tuned in November for something special to be happening.
Sarah at The YA Book Traveler is hosting Rock My TBR challenge. It is no secret that as book bloggers we have a lot of books that don’t get read. We get busy or getting something new and shiny (we are an easily distracted bunch) and things we were excited about reading don’t actually get read. This is my chance to change that and to read some of the books that have been collecting dust since before I was blogging. You can find more information HERE
I did not ROCK MY TBR this month. OOPS
So far I have read 4.
Lauren from Bookmark Lit is hosting The Must Read in 2016 “Challenge”. This challenge isn’t really a challenge per say. More a way to push yourself to read some books you were excited about in 2015 that you just never got to. Find out more HERE. This challenge will over lap a lot with Rock My TBR. Because of that I am just going to post a picture of what I read in the month from my original post:
Still only at 4. I really need to read another one of these.
How did you do in your October Challenges?
October Wrap-Up: Post Edition
- [4 Oct] Replica by Lauren Oliver ★★★½
- [5 Oct] The ABCs with Cassie from Rants and Raves of a Bibliophile
- [6 Oct] Kids of Appetite by David Arnold
- [7 Oct] On My Radar: Top TBR Books (3)
- [11 Oct] Top Ten Tuesday – Recommended Books
- [12 Oct] The ABCs with Liz from The Talking (Blogging) Bookworm
- [13 Oct] All in Pieces by Suzanne Young ★★★★★
- [14 Oct] Shari’s Berries – Books and Dessert
- [17 Oct] Champagne Wishes and Crafty Dreams 11: Note Card Sets
- [19 Oct] The ABCs with Erica from Novel Ink
- [20 Oct] Blog Tour: Disruption by Jessica Shirvington – Q & A
- [21 Oct] Disruption by Jessica Shirvington ★★★★
- [24 Oct] The Black Key by Amy Ewing ★★★★
- [25 Oct] On My Radar: 2017 Wish List (4)
- [26 Oct] The ABCs with Sarah from The Bookish Fox
- [27 Oct] Book Promo – Christmas in Paris by Anita Hughes
- [28 Oct] TBR: Recently Added
- [31 Oct] A Month in Review: Challenge Update – October