For years I have seen people talking about this thing called ARC August. I knew what it was, knew who was running it, had the books to do it. But for some inexplicable reason I have never signed up. I really can’t tell you why I haven’t taken the plunge, but I just never did. Well that stops this year. I have officially signed up for ARC August hosted by Read. Sleep. Repeat. and I think you should too!
What is ARC August? It is simple really. It is a month to read all the ARCs you have. These can be ARCS for books that have come out and you slacked on reading or they can be ARCs for books that have not been released. If you are a book blogger you know how easy it is for ARCs to get out of control. We sometimes spread ourselves too thin and can’t say no when asked if we want a book. Sometimes we have no self-control and request all the books. And sometimes we go to BEA or ALA and then get sidetracked by new pretty or a mood read (or in my case a reread) and forget to go back to those books we were once so excited to have.
I’m under no illusion that ARC August will help me get rid of all the ARCs I have, but it will be a start. I also know there is no way I will get through all the books that I have decided on for this month long reading challenge, but a beginning is a beginning.
Here are the 15 physical ARCs and eARCs I will be picking from:
1) Far from the Tree – Robin Benway (2017)
2) Wait for Me – Caroline Leech (2017)
3) Sawkill Girls – Claire Legrand (2018)
4) These Things I’ve Done – Rebecca Phillips (2017)
5) Fight or Flight – Samantha Young (2018)
6) 500 Words or Less – Juleah del Rosario (2018)
7) Girl Out of Water – Laura Silverman (2017)
8) This is How It Happened – Paula Stokes (2017)
1) Six of Crows – Leigh Bardugo (2015)
2) Imprison the Sky – AC Gaughen (2019)
3) The Long Game – Jennifer Lynn Barnes (2016)
4) Last Seen Leaving – Caleb Roehrig (2016)
5) Goodbye Days – Jeff Zentner (2017)
6) The Me I Meant to Be – Sophie Jordan (2019)
7) #murdertrending – Gretchen McNeil (2018)
8) Flawed – Cecelia Ahern (2016)
Are you doing ARC August? If so what books are on your list? Have you read any I hope to read?