Welcome to The ABCs. Stop by every week to link-up and check out what other people are lusting over, looking at, interested in. Feel free to use the banner above, but just give me credit. And if you do link-up make sure you link back to my blog in your post. This is also opened to Instagram and Twitter if you don’t have a blog. You can just link your post to which ever site you are using below and use the hashtag #TheABCsStyle. Check the introduction post for “rules”.
Crystal Sparkler – Purple Peridot
I first found this seller on Instagram. She sells replica jewelry of really popular current pieces with a lot looking like J Crew items but for a way better price. Love this for its sparkle and simplicity.
At first glance Prime may seem a little pricey at $75 for the year. But with the amount of stuff I buy on Amazon, the shipping time and the fact that I can add close relatives for the shipping perk, it has been worth every penny and I will be renewing come my expiration date.
Anchor Tee Dress
This needs next to no explanation. It has anchors on it. Enough said.
There is nothing I love more then a fun pair of shorts or a nice pair of jeans in the summer. Whether the shorts be a bright solid or a print of the jeans be an ankle pant of a boyfriend cut. Summer is the time to get out there and how off those legs. Below I have made a collage of summer bottoms that I love and chose three to style into complete looks. Some of the stuff is pricey and I got ever afford it, but this is my version of paper dolls so anything goes. What do you like to pair your summer bottoms with?
Bottoms from: Gap, Old Navy, J. Crew, Target(click on the picture for links)
This is the perfect put together look for running errands, lunch with your girlfriends or even a trip to the book store(if you can find one these days). The boyfriend cut of these jeans is casual enough that you can wear them all day and be comfortable. The button down shirt adds a bit of polish to the look with the shoes, bracelets and shades pulling it all together. Um, how awesome is the Rebecca Minkoff M.A.C. Mini?!? LOVE!
As much as we hate it it sometimes gets chilly at night in the summer. When it does I admit that I get a tad excited. Why you ask? Because of my favorite silhouettes is shorts and a long sleeve shirt. I don’t know what it is but I love how casual yet put together is looks. Here I have taken a gorgeous pair of royal blue shorts and paired it with a casual gray sweatshirt. Because the sweatshirt doesn’t have a hood it can be passed off as almost a sweater and just about anything can be worn under it, a plaid button down, a tee shirt, a tank top. It is extremely versatile and goes well with these embellished flat sandals and mint cross body bag.
You’ve heard it time and time again, I’m obsessed with most things nautical. My friends tell me I aspire to be a member of the captain’s club, a group we have invented in our heads of very preppy people. And I’m not going to lie, I would love to be a member of the group. And what says Captain’s Club more then Sperry’s, Tory Birch and anchors? Um yeah, not much. Basically this is my dream outfit for a nice summer night of boating with say, Nomar Garciaparra.
Starting this month I am going to create a wish list of the items I am hopeful to find and buy. It’s important to know exactly what you are looking for so you don’t head blindly into a store and end up buying everything in site(which I may or may not have been guilty of in the past). This month I’m looking to get 6 pieces for my wardrobe/book shelf/accessory &shoe pile.
1) Animal print Skinny Jeans: I truly heart these ones from Old Navy. They currently have my size online and the price is right, but I question if they will be too young for a 30 something year old like myself. I may have to bit the bullet and buy them to find out.
2) Anchor Printed Flip Flops: I admit it,
I wish I had a boat, I am obsessed with anchor prints, anchor jewlery, anchor iPhone cases. If it has an anchor I want it. I saw these adorable flip flops on Forever 21‘s Website and I’m lusting after them.
3) The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson: It’s the sequel to The Name of the Star which was phenomenal and left me itching to find out what happens. It will be released late February and this kid may just have to buy it then.
4) Polka Dot Loafers: I have seen these at the Gap in person(they aren’t available on line) and I want them badly. I was never a huge loafer fan until recently and now I want to get like a million pairs. First off my check list, polka dot ones.
5) Mint Boyfriend Cardigan: I heart all things cardigan. They are such a staple in my wardrobe and can worn so many different ways. I have a huge assortment of colors, but what I don’t have is a mint green one. I saw this one on American Eagle‘s website and it is super cute. I’m just not sure if the color isn’t minty enough. Well either way the hunt is on.
6) Mint shorts: This is the main shopping purchase that I want to get this month. I saw them in the J. Crew catalog and was smitten. I’ve always been a fan of J. Crew’s fit when it comes to shorts and this color just adds to the lust factor. Since J. Crew is currently offering free shipping on their site for all purchases, these may be bought sooner rather then later.
What’s on your February Wish List?