When I first started the blog back in January I did a post on What’s in My Bag? that seemed to interest some people. It was fun to do and a nice way to see what kind of stuff people carry around with them. And that is exactly what I asked some of my ABCers if they would want to participate in my new series. I got a pretty great response, and I thank you for that. So without further ado, I give you my first participant: Heather.
1) MICHAEL Michael Kors Kempton Small Tote: One of my friends asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I told her I was in need of a new bag. She asked what size, what color, etc. and I told her that as long as I could use it year round, I was good. I’m not good about changing my bag that often. Yeah, I’m one of those girls. Anyway, the friend I had the conversation with along with another friend, went together and got this beauty for me for Christmas. I love it and it’s big enough to put my iPad or my Kindle/Nook or a real book in if I want to. I also love the color!
2) DSW Wallet: Again this was a gift several years ago from the same two friends I got my bag from. As you can tell, they are awesome gift givers! 🙂 I’m a fan of green, so I love this and sadly it’s on it’s last legs as I noticed it’s starting to tear near the coin pouch…that means shopping for a new one is going to be a must!
3) Monthly Planner: I’ve got so much going on both personally and at work that my Mom thought it would be helpful for me to have a small calendar to throw in my purse so I could keep up. To be honest I haven’t used it as much as I probably should, but it’s nice to know it’s there if I need to reference a calendar.
4) Pens & Markers: I always have several pens and Sharpies in my bag. I work events and often need a Sharpie for talent to sign an autograph or for me to mark on a box or what have you. Never can have too many things to write with!
5) Nikon COOL PIX camera: My parents got this for me for my birthday two years ago. I love to take photos and I wanted to have a camera that I could keep in my bag so that I was never without one. Now that I have my iPhone, it is normally my go to, but I still often pull out this little guy because it takes awesome pictures even though it’s small.
6) Lipstick and lip gloss: These are my go to lip colors…REVLON’s ColorStay Mineral LipGlaze in Perpetual Plum, Maybelline’s Plum Paradise and N.Y.C. Extreme Lip Glider Lip Gloss in Chinatown Cherry. These are always in my purse so I’m never caught without them.
7) My iPod: Cocooned in a camera case for protection, my iPod is always along for the ride. I’ve got an original iPod and love the thing to death! I’ve got more music than can fit on it, so I often switch out my music since I listen to it on my iPod dock at my desk at the office all day, every day.
8) My checkbook: This actually came out of the wallet that is mentioned above, but due to all of the stuff I have in said wallet, it floats around in my purse by itself.
9) Advil: As someone with a surgically repaired ankle and who gets their share of headaches, there is no other option than to carry this stuff around. It’s a lifesaver!
I should also mention that when I leave the house my iPhone and some sort of book or one of my eReaders is also in my bag. Seeing as I was at home when I wrote this post, the phone was used to take the above photos and then was on the coffee table along with the book I’m reading. 😉
So there you have it, what’s in Heather’s bag. Check in next week to see what Brandy totes around.