So if you are anything like me and read Us Weekly you see the “What’s in my bag?” article and can’t help but scour the items celebs and the people that pretend to be celebs(I’m looking to you Kardashian family!) carry around with them day in and day out. But if you are like me, do you ever notice how massive the bags are that they use? What about showing what can fit in a small bag?
As luck would have it I was too lazy to switch to me regular work bag on Monday morning so I used my smaller J. Crew Tillary bag and what better way to kick off my blog then with the all important “What’s in my bag?” post.
1) J. Crew Tillary Bag: I saw this bag on a blog and immediately fell in love with it. The color was so vibrant and gorgeous I needed to have it. After checking a number of J. Crew stores and having a friend check one in a different state I searched eBay and found one for a great price.
2) American Express Gift Cards: Like the commercial says, don’t leave home without them. You never know what you will find shopping.
3) Marc by Marc Jacobs Travel Wallet: My aunt got married in Aruba in 2012 and I was her MOH. This snazzy hot pink number was part of my Bridesmaid gift and I take it every where with me. Not only does it hold travel documents and passports, but it doubles as a wallet in smaller bags. Sold out in stores, but I’m sure can be found on eBay.
4)Kate Spade Striped Card Holder/J Crew Anchor Battery Charger: I love these two items and they go everywhere with me. I bought the Kate Spade case cheap at the outlets before Aruba so I could toss it in my beach bag with my room key and money. Now it hold my bus pass. The battery charger is one of the best things to ever come out of J Crew. I wanted one for Christmas and I was lucky enough to get the anchor one which wasn’t on line. My mom found it in the store and scooped it up for me.
5)Dunkin Donuts GC/Keys/Mac Viva Glam Lipsticks: Dunkin Donuts GC are the one thing that never lasts long with me. I go to the same DD everyday and get a medium Iced Tea with 3 lemons. I can’t start my day without it. Keys are a given. Everyone needs them. And since we need them, why not add key chains of things we love. My keys have a Nomar Garciaparra key chain, a Swiss Army Knife(great for opening packages), and a Tiffany’s Star key chain. The Lipsticks are probably the most important thing in my bag as I never go out in public without any on and I’m always wearing MAC Viva Glam II and III together. It’s a must.
6) Work ID: Can’t get in the building or on to my floor with out it. This baby has been through the ringer.
7) J Crew iPhone 4s Anchor Case: Are you sensing an anchor trend? I freaking love them and I love that J Crew loves them too! Another gift from my wonderful mom that I didn’t expect at all but made me sublimely happy.
8) Suri’s Burn Book bu Allie Hagan: This book is awesomeness! I have been following the tumblr account for quite sometime so I was beyond thrilled to see a book come out. I read the whole thing in a day and I laughed the whole time. I didn’t actually buy this in a book store. I bought it on half.com for way less then I would have and Amazon or Barnes and Nobles. For what it was it was the perfect price.
And there you have it. You now know what I had in my small bag Monday. What do you keep in your bag?