Along with my Goodreads Challenge (you can find my progress on the side bar) I also challenged myself to 3 other challenges for 2016. Every month I will check in with my challenge updates.
Love at First Page and Gone with the Words 2016 Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge. You can find out all the details you need to know HERE. There are different levels to this challenge and I decided to go for the grand slam level.
Title: Shuffle, Repeat
Author: Jen Klein
Dates Read: August 18 – 20
I loved this book a lot. Oliver and June made this story what it was and that was just so fun. It made me smile and made me happy. And I basically devoured it. See my review HERE.
Title: All in Pieces
Author: Suzanne Young
Dates Read: August 4 – 6
I can’t say enough how fantastic this book was. It was everything I love in a great story and Suzanne Young did it to perfection. I can’t wait for it to come out and for all of you to read it and love it along with me.
I read a lot in August but not like I had in June and July. I’m happy with what I read though so go me. So far this year I have read 26 for this challenge.
Sarah at The YA Book Traveler is hosting Rock My TBR challenge. It is no secret that as book bloggers we have a lot of books that don’t get read. We get busy or getting something new and shiny (we are an easily distracted bunch) and things we were excited about reading don’t actually get read. This is my chance to change that and to read some of the books that have been collecting dust since before I was blogging. You can find more information HERE
I did not ROCK MY TBR this month. OOPS
So far I have read 4.
Lauren from Bookmark Lit is hosting The Must Read in 2016 “Challenge”. This challenge isn’t really a challenge per say. More a way to push yourself to read some books you were excited about in 2015 that you just never got to. Find out more HERE. This challenge will over lap a lot with Rock My TBR. Because of that I am just going to post a picture of what I read in the month from my original post:
Still only at 4. I really need to read another one of these.
How did you do in your August Challenges?
August Wrap-Up: Post Edition
- [1 Aug] Blog Tour: Thank God It’s Monday (A Week of Mondays) – Second Monday Concept Board by Jessica Brody
- [2 Aug] Top Ten Tuesday – Books I Would Buy w/a Fully Loaded Gift Card
- [3 Aug] The ABCs with Danielle
- [4 Aug] The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson ★★★★
- [5 Aug] Buyer Beware
- [8 Aug] The Book Push – All in Pieces (Suzanne Young)
- [9 Aug] Top Ten, okay, Six, Tuesday – Authors that Deserve More Recognition
- [10 Aug] The ABCs with Sarah from What Sarah Read (2)
- [11 Aug] Scrap A Book (2)
- [15 Aug] Happy Birthday to Me! (Giveaway)
- [16 Aug] Top Ten Tuesday – Books with a Real Life Setting (read in 2016)
- [17 Aug] The ABCs with Kaitlin Michelle from The Vivacious Hobo
- [18 Aug] Cherry by Lindsey Rosin ★★★
- [18 Aug] A Week of Mondays by Jessica Brody ★★★★
- [18 Aug] Rookie Move by Sarina Bowen ★★★
- [19 Aug] Champagne Wishes and Crafty Dreams 9 – Card Making (5)
- [22 Aug] Blog Tour – Game On by Michelle Smith (Character ABCs + Giveaway)
- [23 Aug] Top Ten Tuesday – Books on my TBR FOREVER
- [24 Aug] The ABCs with Kathleen from Books, TV, and More… Oh MY!
- [25 Aug] Book Promo – Santorini Sunsets by Anita Hughes
- [26 Aug] Blog Tour: For This Life Only by Stacey Kade – Top Ten TV Characters (+a Giveaway)
- [29 Aug] Shuffle, Repeat by Jen Klein ★★★★½
- [30 Aug] On my Radar: Top TBR Books…and a dream book (2)
- [31 Aug] The ABCs with Gwen from The Book Lounge